Monday, February 16, 2015

Week 34 in Mexico, Week 4 in Zihuatanejo

Hi everyone!  This week has been pretty good.  We had the oportunity to go to Lazaro Cardenas to have a meeting with the mission president and some of the members that live there.  It was great because we got to learn a lot about how to help the members get involved in missionary work.  We did practices of inviting the members to invite their friends to activities, while we were acting as their friends.  I hope I explained that good.  Also it was great because the members got excited to start to work with the missionaries.  Now we are just doing these same practices with the members here in my area.  Also, this upcoming week, we might have a baptism.  The investigator´s name is Karla, and we have been helping her get ready for this Saturday, but we still need to teach her a ton.  So this week we have to meet with her as much as possible to be able to have a baptism this week.  I can´t believe how hot it gets here.  Right now it actually isn´t that hot, but the other day, a member told me that we were at 80 degrees!  I don´t know how hot it has got, or how hot its going to get, but wow its hot.  The good side to that is that there is a ton of fruit.  The mango season is starting, and people are starting to sell them in the street.  They still haven´t gotten that ripe on the trees but that will be soon.  The other day, I was walking, and we found a star fruit tree, with fruit on it, so we picked some, and just ate it.  I had never tried it before, but it tastes pretty good.  Sort of like oranges, but with a different texture.  There also are a lot of bananas, papaya, and other fruit like that.  I can´t wait to be able to make lots of fresh smoothies.  Not much else happened this week.  It is the second to last week in this transfer, and time is going by way fast, but so far everything is going good.  I hope everyone has a great week!
Elder Carey


No comments:

Post a Comment