Monday, January 26, 2015

Week 31 in Mexico, Week 1 in Zihuatanejo

Hi everyone!  How did the week go?  This week was pretty good here.  I got to my new area, and its sort of a tourist town that lots of people visit.  Its way hot here.  I think it gets to 85, 90 degrees, with almost 100 percent humidity.  There are lots of hills so walking around is really fun.  Usually we end up sweating a lot.  My companion brings a towel with him at all times to wipe his face.  Also, because its so hot, water boilers don´t exist here.  Its always a cold shower, which is harder in the mornings, even though it ends up feeling quite nice at the end.  The people here are really nice, we were able to find a couple of new people to teach this week, most of them accepted baptismals dates, but most of them fell when none of them came to church.  It is a really interesting area.  I got to try real piña coladas that they sell in the street, and we drink one almost every day.  Also they sell coconuts in the street for like 12 pesos.  My companion said he saw an iguana outside of the house the other day, but I´m going to try to get a picture of one here soon.  Tomorrow I´m going to go in divisions to San Jeronimito, and the Elders from there tell us that there are lots of animals and all sorts of crazy stuff, so it should be fun.  
The area in general is good.  The ward is nice, they have family home evenings every thursday that we can go to.  Actually, this past Sunday, I got to give a talk, as my welcome to the ward.  Some tourists from the United States came to our sacrament meeting, and it turns out that they are good friends with my Aunt and Uncle.  It was a cool experience to get to talk with people in English for a change.
Hope everyone has a great week!
Elder Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment