Monday, April 20, 2015

Week 43 in Mexico, Week 13 in Zihuatanejo

Hi Everyone, This week was pretty good.  We didn´t have electricity from Monday in the afternoon till Wednesday in the afternoon.  The nights were pretty terrible because it is still pretty hot here.  We moved the mattresses into the study room, that has 2 big sliding glass doors, so that it wouldn´t be too hot.  The problem was that it was sleep with the sheets, and not have lots of bugs bite me, but very hot, or without, so it would be cooler, but lots of bugs would bite me.  The nights were pretty long. I don´t get bit too bad when we are in the house, it is outside with the other people that I get bit.  Besides that the week was really good.  We improved a lot in part of our goals and stuff.  Cresencia went to church.  Diana couldn´t because Satan is really keeping her from going to church.  She had a sick nephew and could not go.   
  
This week is going to be really interesting, because we are going to have divisions from tomorrow till Friday in the morning.   I will be going to work in the area of the zone leaders for the next few days.  

 Okay here are some of the pictures that my companion took the other day.  We went to this place that is a hill right above the sea.  There are some pretty sweet vacation houses.  The view is spectacular, but you´ll have to judge for your self.  1 more thing.  The other day some members gave us some sea food to eat, and now I have some more weird food that I can put on my list.  I got to try 2 things that are a little weird in the US.  1 caracol, from what I know,  it is the meat that is inside of a conch shell.  2 cucarachas del mar.  Translated that is cockroaches of the sea.  Someone showed me a picture, and it is like small turtle the size of a cell phone.  It was actually pretty good.   Just a little bit spicy.  Its funny because, now when we go to eat, like today we went to go eat quesadillas, and I was going to put the spicy salsa on my quesadilla, but someone working there told me, careful, that one is spicy.  I just think its interesting because people don´t think I can take the heat.  I still haven´t got to habanero peppers and stuff like that, but sometimes I eat stuff more spicy than people think I can handle.  Well that's all for now.  Have a great week! 
Elder Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment