Monday, July 14, 2014

Week 3 in Mexico

This week has been good!  How is everyone else doing?  This week we have another baptism on Friday, and we are looking forward to it!  Another one of our investigators, his name is Viktor, finally came to church this past Sunday!  He has a problem with the word of wisdom, but we got him to commit to living it! His baptismal date is August the 16th, and I think he will make it!! We just started teaching his brother, but he hasn't accepted baptism yet, but we can help with that.  I hope that they can both make it to the baptism this Friday of Lilia, another one of our investigators.  This week we had lunch one day at a families house who owns a butcher shop, and it was amazing!  He brought out three trays of steaming hot meat for tacos.  Pastor, bistek, and one other that I don't remember.  And then a bowl full of chorizo or sausage.  There was guacamole, limes, onions and this drink that is similar to horchata, but is blended I think. We ate till we couldn't eat any more, and then he brought out this cake stuff for dessert, and I couldn't even finish it.  It was by far the best meal that I have had here in Mexico.  Other times the food is terrible.  Just the day before the amazing food,  I had tostadas, with onions, and this stuff that looked like onions, but had the texture of extra thick gelatin, with a weird flavor, I almost finished it, but couldn't do it.   
I went to go sign my visa today in Guadalajara central, and the city is very beautiful with lots of cathedrals and parks, I'll need to get some pictures next time I go.  The people here are pretty nice,  almost always, the members will give us food, or drinks.  They are always very excited to see the elders, and its fun to teach, but usaually my companion talks most, because he is a fast talker, and likes to talk, but people can understand me when it is my turn to teach, and lots of people say that I have good spanish for my amount of time in Mexico, and I know that the Lord is helping me.
Good Luck everyone!
Elder Carey



No comments:

Post a Comment