Wednesday, June 25, 2014

1st day in Guadalajara

Hi everyone! 
I made it into Guadalajara last night around 11, It was cool to see the city at night.  My P days are on Mondays, but they are letting me write today because it is my first day.  It was good to get to sleep last night, but I only got like 4 hours, I had to wake up at normal time, and I got to the apartment sometime around 1. Today we had our introduction to the mission, and we had our first meal at a members house.  It was good! We had pasta, rice, and some type of cow meat.  I´m actually not sure about the cow meat, I asked my companion and he said that it was cow, he just wasn´t sure what part.  Oh ya, my new companion is a native speaker, he is from Wahaka which is a town in Mexico.  He talks very fast, and I have a hard time understanding him sometimes, or when he uses words that I don´t know.  So far spanish is alright, I can get the gist of what people are trying to say, but it is good.  He is a great guy, his name is Elder Rodriguez, and we will get along just fine.  Mexico is very different, there are a lot of stray dogs, but it is quite pretty, I will send pictures of the apartment and everything in my next email.  I got sent to an area called Tlaquepaque, and this is just outside the main city, and is only about an hour away from the mission home,  When we were walking over to our meal with a member, it started to rain, and it turned into a small typhoon!  When we got to the members house, we were soaking, but I am dry now, these clothes dry pretty fast, thank goodness. We also have an investigator with a baptismal date for this Saturday!  I had nothing do do with it, but  I am excited to see it.  They try to get at least 1 baptism per week, so I am excited!  So far everything here is good!  I will write more next week!
Love you all!
-Elder Carey


No comments:

Post a Comment