Thursday, June 5, 2014

Week 3

Hey Everyone!!!


How are things going back home!!!  So far everything is going good, this past week has gone by way fast!!  As far as my visa goes, I haven't got anything about it yet, but they notify you in the mail.  I am the only one in my district who hasn't got my visa notification yet, but I'm not super worried yet, some people didn't get their visa notification until the week before they left.  When the notification comes, the missionary needs to go to the Mexican consulate, which is in Salt Lake, or they go to Boise or Las Vegas.  I'm hoping that I don't get sent to one outside of Utah.  I did get the package you sent me, it came in last night, and it was great to get it, the back pack helps a lot.  I also got the cookies from Grandma, but now I have tons of sweets that I need to eat ha ha.  Sounds like everything is going good back home! That's exciting that Raymond is taking lessons again!  I did get the message about the clinic, and when I went to make the appointment, they said to just take some allergy medication, and now that I have the eye drops I should be fine.  I think it is from this one tree, that has weird bumps on the leaves, whenever we are outside, near that tree, my eyes usually start to itch.


Missionaries do get some spending money, 6 dollars a week for elders, 8 for sisters.  This money works in the Creamery by our apartment, and in the bookstore, we can also use it to buy detergent from this detergent vending machine thing.  As for me using it, some of it goes to good things :)  I bought a really cool high lighter, that is like a crayon almost, and works great for scriptures.  I also bought some creamies, because 2 years with out them, so that's pretty important.  I also bought a 6 pack of apple beer.  So I'd say its been put to pretty good use ha ha.  I should be fine, before I leave for Mexico, I will get some useful stuff.

So far everything going good with the food, and sleep.  The food is really good usually, occasionally I will try to avoid something, but its good.  On Sundays, we get Ice cream from the BYU creamery for dinner in little half quart containers, or whatever the little small ice cream sizes are, which is good.  As for Spanish, it is coming along pretty good!  we took an assessment to tell us where we are at, and I am right smack dab in the middle between fluent and incoherent ha ha, I think i did pretty good, I did better than everyone in my district, but none of us are super great to begin with ha ha.  Once I get to Mexico, I'm sure it will be very different, and I will not understand a thing for the first month or two.

On Monday nights we do this TRC thing, where you teach a member a lesson in Spanish for about twenty minutes, but this upcoming Monday, we were told we might be teaching a lesson over skype to someone in Mexico, so I am a little nervous, but it should be alright.  This week we also got a "progressing investigator" to teach a lesson every day for 2 weeks.  It was really funny because my companion and I got Alan, who I mentioned earlier.  He is a member, but we are pretending he is an investigator.  The lessons are going good, they are supposed to be 45 minutes a piece, and we are doing pretty good with that.  We asked him if he would like to be baptized, and he said he would try to be ready for the date we set, which was the 21st of June.  It is pretty cool to do lessons like this and see what I will be doing for the next two years!!

Okay, so today, I don't have that many pictures of me, but I did take a couple pictures of this cool river that is outside of our classes.  It is like a fountain that turns into a river and goes downhill for a ways, than runs into another fountain.  It is very pretty, and we call it the Waters of Mormon.

-Love Elder Carey



No comments:

Post a Comment