Friday, June 20, 2014

Final Week!

Hi!
How is everything going back home?  A lot of things have happened this week.  Sorry for not sending an email yesterday, it was our in field orientation all day, so our P day got moved to today.  Also, Happy Late Fathers Day Dad! I did go to Las Vegas to get my visa, and it was an all day trip.  It was pretty cool overall, in the SLC airport, we saw Mitt Romney, and shook his hand, and while we were waiting for our plane, some random person gave us a box of doughnuts!  Then we saw that lady from the church travel offices, who took that picture for us and sent it out, which was cool.  Then we flew to Vegas.  When we were there, an elder Greer came and picked us up, I found out he is the Greer's in our stakes uncle!  Then we got our visas, and went back to the airport at about 3.  In the airport another member bought us all frozen yogurt, and then some other members took our pictures again and sent it to you.  It was a pretty cool day.

Guess what I found out?!?!  We are allowed to call home when we are waiting in the airport, so, this Monday, expect a call early in the morning.  I leave the MTC at 2 in the morning here, but probably won't be able to call until 6 Virginia time, and then again after we land in Texas for our layover.  I am excited to talk to you guys.  That reminds me, I haven't got my travel plans yet, but I am told that because I have my visa, there shouldn't be a problem with my travel plans.  All of the Hermanas in my zone are also going to Guadalajara, and one of them is the travel leader, and she says that my name is on the plans, so I should be alright.  It's okay that you can't send me any more packages now, because we have tons of food and other assorted things, so I will probably end up sending some stuff home.  I did get the package grandma and grandpa Dickerson sent me, it was very nice!  I also got another letter from Grandma Carey.  Thanks for all of the letters and support everyone!

I did see the painting that Jasmin did for me, and it is very good!!!!!  Tell her I said thank you!!  I also got my hair cut the other day, its shorter now, but not super short, I like it.  I also ran into a lot of people I know over the past two weeks,  I saw Sydney Greene, from a different ward in our stake, and Zach came to the MTC two days ago, and then I saw Mckay, my room, room mate yesterday during the In Field Training.  But then last P day, I saw Lynnette Jex! it was crazy!  Then yesterday, I was talking to a sister, and she asked where I was from because she thought she knew me, and it turns out that we were in the same third grade class!  It was weird, but since coming here, I have ran into a lot of people that I haven't seen in a while.

Its weird almost being done with the MTC, I am a little nervous, but I should be alright, I just can't believe how fast the time is going!  I've already been out for a month and a half!  Spanish is coming along good, but I know that once I get to Mexico, it will be totally different, but I am excited.  I met some people from Mexico, and they all say that I will love it.  I am still nervous though, my first Sunday will be a fast and testimony meeting, so I will probably get asked to share my testimony in Spanish.  It will be interesting, and I will try not to make a fool out of myself ha ha. Spanish is coming good so far, I am at the top of my class, and everyone thinks I'm crazy because I study the least, but it is good, but when I went to the consulate, people spoke Spanish, and I had almost no idea what they were saying.  The good news is I definitely know enough to get the important things, like "I'm hungry" or "I need to use the bathroom"  So I'm not super worried about that.  Here is the Spanish sentence for the day " Yo quiero tacos" which means I want tacos.  So it is a pretty important phrase ha ha.  I can't wait to talk to you guys, its only  couple of days away!  Good luck!!
-Love Elder Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment